Giselle is a romantic tale of innocent love and betrayal. It is the story of a young woman who dies of a broken heart after being deceived by her lover. The Willis, a sisterhood of ghostly maidens, call Giselle’s spirit from the grave to take revenge on the man who betrayed her.
Performance dates and times:
May 14 7:30
May 15 2:00 & 7:30
May 16 2:00
May 21 7:30
May 22 2:00 & 7:30
May 23 2:00
DE LA Dance Company’s COVID Audience Participation Policy
To all of our audience members:
After more than a year with no audience, we are so grateful we are able to include the audience in our performance of “Giselle”.
In order to be able to invite people into the Theater at De La Dance Center we need to be in compliance with the CDC regulations for safety from spreading the Corona Virus.
Things we have done to secure your SAFETY:
1. All performers will wear masks before during and after the performance with the possible exception of our principal dancers who have been vaccinated and remain apart from other dancers.
2.We are happy to say more than 90% of our company and staff have been fully vaccinated. Several of our younger student have received the vaccine as well.
3. We have cut our seating capacity in half in order to keep more distance between our audience members.
4. We ask that everyone entering the studio wears a mask while in the building.
5. We ask that you do not congregate before, during or after the performance in order to keep up with the social distancing guidelines.
6. We will not be able to supply you with refreshments at intermission due to having to remove masks while eating or drinking. Bottled water will be supplied.
We so appreciate you complying with our efforts to keep our dancers, as well as our audience members safe from possible infection. As our limited seating will be highly sought after we ask that if you have purchased a ticket and do not feel you can abide by our policies, we are happy to refund you the price of your tickets - but only 1 week before your show so that we can sell your tickets to another willing patron. After one week we will not be able to refund the cost of your tickets. We appreciate your understanding that we are doing everything we can to be able to hold live inside theater performance during this very challenging time.
Meridith Benson and Mario de la Nuez Directors